Driving exhilaration knows no season.
For driving enthusiasts, winter is no reason to start riding the brakes. New W.drive by Yokohama offers a superb combination of high performance moxie all year round, and common-sense knowhow on ice and snow. Tread features provide gripping handling in demanding driving situations, with enough backbone to master the pavement in the corners, and the flexibility you need when fall turns to winter. The W.drive evacuates snow, slush and water, putting more rubber in contact with the road. The result is the consistent performance capability you demand, in a tire that stays on track when the mercury drops. So get ready to get exhilarated.
- Rigid All Weather Construction provides a combination of reliable driving stability & high-speed capability in dry
- conditions, with better grip & control in wet, cold & snow situations.
- Polyhedral 3-D Sipes lock together under pressure, maintaining stiffer blocks for better performance, while allowing the softer compound & multiple edges to better grip ice & snow.
- Advanced Asymmetric Tread Design combines stiffer outside blocks for improved dry cornering with softer blocks & grooves in the middle & inside of the tread, providing better traction in snow & slush.
- High Volume Drainage Grooves drain away snow, slush & water to maintain maximum contact between the tread surface & the road.
- A New Advanced Compound combines micro-silica & Zeruma with a flexible polymer that keeps its flexibility at low temperatures, but maintains stiffness & stability at high temperatures.